ICON DATA II metal detector data logger purpose is to create images of targets in 2D & 3D viewing ability.
Any metal detector or magnetometer that operates in static audio mode also known as “non motion” is compatible with our logger. The ICON DATA II unit reads hundreds detector signals every second. The signals are converted to digital data and transmitted through a wireless connection on an Android tablet or smartphone. From there the underground image is displayed by the supplied application. The ICON DATA II logger displays the detected target image immediately while the user operates the metal detector in the field. No complex controls to fumble around with, no stopping to download, and no time wasted.
ICON DATA II metal detector data logger purpose is to create images of targets in 2D & 3D viewing ability. Any metal detector or magnetometer that operates in static audio mode also known as “non motion” is compatible with the ICON DATA II metal detector data logger (A true non motion metal detector does not need movement of the coil to generate audio signal. Also, the signal will not fade out, but rather get stronger when approaching the target and will continue to sound even if the coil remains motionless over it). Watch our youtube video “compatible metal detectors for Icon Data logger” https://youtu.be/S8pxkF8tiHU to define between “motion” & “non motion” audio modes. Examples of traditional type non motion metal detectors are all Pulse Induction detectors with frame coil such as Lorenz Deepmax series, GEOSENSIS X3, Deeptech Ground Pioneer 4500, Stinger, Pulse star II Pro, Superscan, Delta Pulse and others…Also JW Fishers Pulse 6x or Pulse 8x, Aquapulse AQ1B. 2-Box style metal detectors such as Whites TM-808, Gemini III, some older / newer VLF with VCO audio style detectors like XP Deus, White’s XLT.
Now using Icon Data logger these detectors can be updated with real time 3D imaging just like a ground radar. The ICON DATA II unit reads hundreds detector signals every second. The signals are converted to digital data and transmitted through a wireless connection on an Android tablet. From there the underground image is displayed by the supplied application. An Android tablet can also be ordered preconfigured with ICON DATA II logger app. The ICON DATA II logger displays the detected target image immediately while the user operates the metal detector in the field. No complex controls to fumble around with, no stopping to download, and no time wasted.
The ICON DATA ΙΙ wireless metal detector logger is more than just a data logger, it is a real time imaging and on-site target analysis device. All other available metal detector data loggers currently on the market are either too bulky or too expensive or both. Also, they do not display the images in real time on the screen while operating your detector in the field. One has to scan the field first, and then connect the data logger to a PC to see the results.
The ICON DATA II metal detector logger is sensitive enough able to visualize anomalies like ground voids, tombs, previously dug ground and buried foundations. All these types of voids and structures interfere with the threshold sound of the metal detector and emit weak noise signals by the detector speaker that the human ear ignores.
ICON DATA II logger amplifies these signals. Then it is the user decision to select if he wishes to see the metal targets only – or the ground anomalies also (ground voids, tombs, previously dug ground, buried foundations).
The user has full control of the scan with many available options. Selectable grid size of the area in steps & sweep lines. Data collection mode can be set to automatic for flat ground surface when a constant and steady pace can be kept or set to manual for uneven surfaces and areas with trees, bushes, rocks. Graphic mode coloring, target depth calculation, graph edit, save or export the image in various formats.
After set-up the ICON DATA II app guides the user with voice commands to start, step and turn.
Can be paused or start again anytime. It even has a replay mode that repeats on screen the actual original logged scan.
ICON DATA II REAL TIME WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR DATA LOGGER >>> TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Function: Real time imaging and data logging step by step
- Function: Real time imaging and data logging step by step
- Application: EXAMINER © 2D & 3D imaging app
- Connectivity: Wireless connection to Android smartphone & tablet devices
- Compatibility: Operates with all non-motion audio metal detectors or magnetometer (pulse detectors with frame or round coil, 2 box, VLF with VCO audio…)
- Selectable sweep direction: Left to right / right to left to be used when using small round coils. Step by step in parallel sweep lines when using large frame coils.
- Computer controlled data collection – Automatic Mode: Readings are captured automatically at time intervals
selectable from 1 step/second to 1 step/100 seconds. – Manual Mode: Manual captures. Real time data graphics for both modes
- Data Points: 10.000 scans per survey, unlimited data files storage
- Data point density: Dependent on step-length, distance between measured profiles and coil size
- Resolution: 11 Bit/5V
- 2 Input signal channels: 0-5V DC (Magnetometer mode) & 230 mV / 1 Hz-4.8 KHz (Detector mode)
- Ambient temperature: 5 to 55 C
- Data processing: On site real time imaging, 2D & 3D target view, target depth, interpretation, ground filtering, modeling, replay, export to other file formats, printing, share to social media
- Weight: 160 grams
- Dimensions: 168 x 74 x 35 mm
- Battery charging: 3 hours by USB C
- Operation time: 6 hours
- Standard equipment: ICON DATA II interface, USB charging & detector cables, software & drivers CD with English user manual
- Additional equipment: Pre-configured Android tablet, touch resistive screen, leather carry pouch & belts
- Warranty: The ICON DATA II real time metal detector logger comes with GDI geophysical instruments 2 year warranty on the logger main unit.
- Replacements: If you have lost or damaged the install CD or any of the metal detector connection cables please email [email protected] with “Lost / Damaged CD or cables” in the subject line. Include purchase date, Icon Data Logger serial number and your contact information in the main body of the email.
After verifying your original purchase, we will contact you with details.